White Lion Moving Checklist
2-3 Months Before
- Do a household cleaning of items you do not wish to move with. Clean out closets, drawers, attics, and garages. Donate items or have a yard sale.
- Create an inventory list of your household items that are of value. Take pictures and make a spreadsheet with values of replacement costs for insurance.
- Call and obtain estimates from Our Orlando moving company – you will be assigned a MOVING AGENT – ask about our many moving options: Full-Service Moves, Moving Helpers Moves, Packing and Creating Packages and Electronic and Artwork Additional Installation Options.
6 Weeks Before
- Complete all your real estate transactions
- Make travel arrangements if completing a long-distance move
- Obtain School records, doctors, and medical records if you will be moving out of your school zone.
- Get Vet records for your pets.
- Consult your insurance agents for new policies if needed.
1 Month Before
- Set Up all of your utilities for your new location so that turn-on days are scheduled with your move-in days.
- Transfer or turn off your utilities at your previous location.
- If you will need Storage ask your Orlando Moving Agent for a storage quote.
- Ask your Moving Agent for moving supplies if you would like to pack some of your items yourself or if you are not having a full-service move.
1 Week Before
- Call your Moving Agent to confirm the schedule of your move and arrange payment of your deposit.
- If you are self-packing finish packing your items. Need help with some items have your moving agent give you a quote for packing services.
- Confirm your travel arrangements.
- Make sure to have some cash on hand for odds and ends.
- Write directions to your new home for the moving company, confirm the delivery date, and give the company your itinerary and cell phone number.
- Complete change-of-address forms at the post office, and send notices to magazine subscriptions, creditors, friends and relatives, alumni organizations, credit cards, banks, and any other necessary companies and organizations.
1 Day Before Moving Day
- Pack a MOVING DAY SURVIVAL KIT- with toilet paper, toiletries, valuables and jewelry, important documents, drinks and snacks, toys and coloring books, pillows, blankets, and fresh sheets for your first night in your new home.
- Accompany your Moving Agent as he or she inventories your possessions and makes condition reports. Detail which room each item will be going into.
- Sign the bill of lading (ensure that the address and phone number are correct) and inventory, and keep your copies in a safe place.
- Lock windows, turn off lights, close doors, and take a final tour after the movers have finished making certain nothing is left behind.
- When you arrive at your NEW HOME, instruct the movers and answer any questions they may have about the placement of your items in your new home.
- Let US help you install your electronics and hang up your pictures or shelves. Ask your Moving Agent about this option.
- Once movers are finished – do a final walk-through and inventory of your items with your Moving Agent.
- Sick back and relax! Enjoy your NEW HOME!
Let Us make your move, Pain Free
Contact us today for a free Moving Quote
We can help you with any of your moving needs. We will help your move be as easy and painless as possible.
Request a Free Quote Today!
"*" indicates required fields